speak_to_us is a file-sharing community, with a twist. We don't want your pop music or your playlists, what we want is you. Or at least your voice. You can talk about anything (as long as it doesn't break the rules ... see below), sing if you like, recite your shopping list, treat us to some poetry or do impersonations of Laurel and Hardy, what ever takes your fancy.
We're a fairly laid-back bunch of people. We don't like to make things claustrophobic by putting too many restrictions on your creativity. However, there are a few important things you need to be aware of:
To keep things nice and neat (and so people have fair warning about what they could be listening to) we have a template for submitting recordings:
Rating:does this file contain swearing? Sexual themes? Rate it accordingly, with a reason for rating. Some of us might have younger siblings/co-workers/children nearby. We don't like censorship, but it's good to warn people about things. Brief Description:sum up, in about a sentence, what this post is about. If it's an answer to a challenge, say so here. File Format:.mp3, .wav, .m4a, or whatever you've used Length of File:approximately. Size of file:exactly what it says. Link to file:exactly what it says.
You must use this format. Or you will get thwapped. Sorry.
Also, some ground rules.
1. Every main post must contain a voice file. sounds silly, but this is a way of keeping things on-topic. You can also have text in the post ... but it's you that we want to hear!
2. No orgasaming/grunting/meaningless noises. If you want to post something sexy, or stupid, or abstract, then brilliant. But it has to be technically intelligable.
3. No racism, no sexism, no ageism. Basically, be nice. I don't want any prejudiced remarks circulating on here. We're here to appreciate our different accents and voices, not to slate anyone for their colloquialisms. Anyone found breaking this rule will be removed from the community. I don't want to use the big stick, but I will if I have to.
4. It's got to be your voice. You have to feature in the recording. I don't care if you have this really cool track where The Queen of England swears at her Butler. If you're not using your voice, it doesn't belong here. Sorry.
5. You are responsible for what you post and what you listen to. If you click on something that you're too young to click on, or post something offensive, then don't blame me. If you do find something you feel breaches one of the rules here, then email me at Dorkateer @gmail.com, but if you're complaining because someone said something along the lines of: 'football is stupid,' then I'm afraid you're on your own.
6. Respect the mod. Her decision is final. I'm a nice person. Don't naff me off.
If you have any questions, please contact squirmy at Dorkateer @gmail.com.